- Correct an unpaid posted sales invoice
Why do we raise a credit note using the corrective sales CR/Adj note?
A corrective sales CR/Adj note is used when:
- your customer is requesting a partial credit for an invoice;
- your customer has paid an invoice but is requesting a credit on the same invoice;
- your customer has previously applied credit or cash receipts on an invoice but a credit is now required.
How to raise a credit note using the corrective sales CR/Adj note
Note: If you know your posted sales invoice document number, you can search for the posted sales invoices list in the top right-hand corner of the page.
Here, we’ll search for the posted sales invoices from the customer card.
- From the Wiise landing page, select Customer.
- Select your customer from the Customer list.
- In the Customer Card, select Customer. Then select Ledger Entries.
- The customer ledger entries display all the customer's transactions.
- In the customer ledger entries list, filter the Document Type to Invoice.
- Select the posted sales invoice that needs to be corrected.
- From the selected posted sales invoice page, select the Correct action. Then, select Create Corrective CR/Adj Note.
- A new Sales CR/Adj Note is created. As the credit note is for the original full amount, you will need to adjust the quantity, price, or unit of measure.
- When you’ve made your adjustment, select OK to continue with your changes or select Cancel to cancel the action.
- The Posted Sales CR/Adj note is created.
Need more help?
No problem, that's what we're here for. Reach out to email@example.com anytime you can't find what you're looking for.