Your employees can record and submit the hours they’ve worked straight into Wiise, using timesheets. You can then add (called post in Wiise) the details on the timesheets to the relevant job journal (the record of transactions).
Before you can set up your timesheets, you’ll first need to register with Wiise Payroll. If you’ve already done this, great! If not, complete the steps in How to register with Wiise Payroll.
Before you start, you'll need to have payroll administrator access to complete this step. Here’s how to set that up:
- From the Wiise role centre, search for and select User Setup.
- Find the USER ID you want to give payroll administrator access to.
- Tick the box in the PAYROLL OFFICER column at the far right of the line.
All set? Great. Here's how to set up timesheets:
- From the Wiise role centre, select Payroll from the main navigation menu, then select Setup.
- In the Setup form, select Edit (the pencil icon).
- In the Timesheets section, set Enabled to ON — this allows integration between Wiise and Wiise Payroll (which means the two systems can connect with each other).
- Then select a Work Type.
- Select an Approver ID.
- Then in the Data Entry Method, select either Start/end times by date or Enter no. hours per day. This is how you select the format for your timesheets.
- Finally, under the General section, select the Wiise Payroll Business ID link. This will take you to the Wiise Payroll site where you can set up your resources.
You can still use Wiise timesheets without the Wiise Payroll. Wiise timesheets lets you add timesheet information to your journals in Wiise. Employees can also use the mobile experience to enter their work details.
To set up Wiise timesheets without Payroll integration, simply go to Resources > Setup, and add your details in the setup page.
Note: Once you’ve set up Wiise timesheets, you won’t be able to use Business Central timesheets.
- Start from the Wiise payroll homepage. Select Business Settings under the briefcase icon in the left-hand navigation bar. Then select Payroll settings.
- Then in the Business Management menu, select Timesheets. Make sure that the Require start/end times when entering timesheets checkbox is ticked.
- Now select Employees in the left-hand navigation bar, and then Add a New Employee.
- This will open a form – fill this in.
- Select Next to go to the second screen of the form and continue to fill in the details. Under the Timesheets menu at the bottom of the form, select Use timesheets.
- Now log into Wiise again in a new browser window.
- Select Payroll > Employees. Employees you’ve added from Wiise Payroll will appear in the Wiise employees list.
- Select Auto-map in the ribbon to update the fields with employee information. This will create resource record cards for all new employees that you’ve added to Wiise from Wiise Payroll.
Note: An employee’s time is billed to a client as a resource. A resource could be an employee, a group of employees, a consultant or piece of equipment used on a job (set of tasks in a project). It includes information about their cost and price. This is how you connect the resource from a job to the payroll timesheet for the employee (represented by the resource).
This is how you set up who can enter hours worked on a timesheet.
- From the Wiise role centre, search for and select Resources. Then select the employee’s name, which will open their Resource Card.
- In the Resource Card, enter the timesheet owner’s name in the Time Sheet Owner User ID field. The timesheet owner could be the employee represented by this resource card. Or it could be someone who enters timesheets for lots of resources. Wiise lets you add the same person in the Time Sheet Owner User ID field for multiple resource cards.
Once you’ve done that, the timesheet owner will be able to enter hours they’ve worked (or their resource has worked) on a timesheet and submit it for approval.
Note: To avoid mapping an employee to a resource automatically, you can select Skip Automap in the Resource Card for your existing resources. Don’t worry, you can still map a resource to an employee manually later.
Ready to start using timesheets?
Once you've finished setting up timesheets, you can start using them to submit and approve employee hours. Find the steps here.