- Create a new sales quote from a Customer Card in Wiise
- Create a new sales quote without creating a customer in Wiise
Why create a sales quote?
Sales quotes are typically created by salespeople or customer service representatives as a way to provide potential customers with a formal proposal for pricing on the products they intend to purchase. While you negotiate with a customer, you can change and resend a new sales quote many times. When the customer accepts the sales quote, you can convert the sales quote into a sales order or a sales invoice where you can process the sales for the customer.
How to create a sales quote
A sales quote in Wiise can be created in several ways. You can create a sales quote from a contact or a customer card, and by searching sales quotes. To create a sales quote from a contact card, the contact needs to be set up as a company contact.
Method one: Create a sales quote from the contact card
- Search for Contacts on the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Select Contacts, then select +New to create a new entry from the Contacts menu.
- Fill in the relevant fields and mandatory red asterisks in the General section (fasttab) of the Contact Card.
- General section.
- The No. field gets automatically populated with a contact number.
- Update the Name field of the contact person or company.
- Set the Company Type. field to Company, if you’re creating a sales quote without creating a customer.
- Update the Salesperson Code field to the person who’s responsible for the sales.
- Update as much information as you can in the Communication section. The information from here will be used to populate the future customer card.
- General section.
- You can now create the sales quote from the contact card. Select Process. Then select Create Sales Quote.
- A message box pops up requesting you to select a customer template to create your new customer. Select Yes, to continue or select No and a default blank customer card template opens.
- The template you select will be applied to the future customer if they decide to purchase the item.
Method two: Create a sales quote from the sales quote list
- Search the sales quote list from the top right-hand corner of the page.
- From the sales quote list page, select +New to create a new sales quote.
- In the new Sales Quote, from the Contact No field, select the new contact you’ve created.
- Make sure to select ‘Yes’ to “Do you want to select the customer template?”.
- Select the customer template that will apply to this future customer when they purchase the item.
- Wiise will create a quote without a customer with all the required information from the Contact Card. You can now populate the items and email the sales quote to the contact.
- Select Print/Send from the menu. Select either Send by Email, Print or Attach as PDF to send the sales quote to your contact.
- You’ve created a sales quote and sent it to your contact.
- When your customer or contact has accepted or approved the sales quote, you can create a sales order from the sales quote.
- From your Wiise landing page, select the Sales action menu. Then select Sales Quotes. You’ll be taken to the sales quotes list.
- Select the sales quote that your potential customer has approved.
- Select Process. Then select Make Order. This will convert the sales quote into a sales order.
- Select Yes to ‘Do you want to convert the quote to an order?’.
- If the quote was created from a contact card, then you'd need to create a customer first before creating a sales order. A message will prompt you to create a customer. Select Yes, to ‘Do you want to create customer(s) now?’.
- Another pop-up may be prompted regarding the customer template you may have applied when the sales quote was created. Select Yes to review the quotes.
- The customer record has been created. Select OK to proceed.
- The next pop-up prompt will confirm that the quote has been converted to an order. Select Yes to proceed.
- Your new customer has been created and you’ve created a new sales order from the sales quote.
Once a sales quote is approved, take a look at how to create an invoice from a sales order. Once you’ve posted the sales invoice, the entry is registered in the customer card where you can see a list of all transactions and where the posted sales invoice resides.
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com