At this stage, you would’ve already signed up to Square and set up your account. Before you can start using Square with Wiise, you'll need to set up Square integration. Here's an overview of what you'll need to do.
|1 - Setup Square
|2 - Setup Wiise Integration
|3 - Record Sales and Payments
|4 - Synchronise Sales and Payments
- Buy a Square Reader
- Sign-up for Square account
- Activate Square merchant account (for accepting card payments)
- Business verification
- Bank account verification
- Install the Square app on mobile devices
- Link Wiise to Square (record the Square refresh token in Wiise)
- Create team members and locations in Square
- Link team members to users in Wiise; link Square locations to Wiise locations
- Create items, prices and inventory in Wiise and send to Square
|- Record sales and payments in Square
- Get inventory from Square and send to Wiise
- Get credit card payments from Square and send to Wiise
- Empty your cash drawers and record the cash collected in Wiise
- Reconcile inventory between Wiise and Square to monitor discrepancies
- To access Square, you'll need to create a store or an online business and a location. You'll need to add your team members in Square. Then run the Square Setup wizard.
- Once you've set up Square successfully, you can create items in Wiise and synchronise them with Square.
- Next, you'll need to create an inventory of items, either in Wiise or in Square and then synchronise both systems.
- You also have the option to integrate Square with Weebly, which processes payments quickly and securely. Any item created in Wiise can be made a featured item to be used from Weebly online store.
1. Make sure you set up your locations and team members in Square before you start the Square Setup wizard in Wiise.
2. If you can't see the Sales Channels on the Wiise role centre, you'll need to set up the Sales Channels feature in Wiise.
3. Before you begin the Square Setup wizard, make sure you’ve set up your locations and team members in Square.
How to create your team members in Square
1. First, log into Square and go to the Square Dashboard employee list.
2. Then select Create Team Member on the top right-hand corner.
3. Fill out their details:
- First Name
- Phone Number (optional)
- Email Address - Choose an email address that matches your Wiise records:
- To link Square with Wiise employees, use either the Email or Company E-Mail on the Wiise employee card.
- To link Square with Wiise users, use either the Contact E-Mail or Authentication E-Mail on the Wiise user card.
- Team Member ID (optional) - Team Member ID’s allow you to search for a specific team member with a code in the list and in timecards exports.
4. When you've finished, select Save.
5. A panel will open on the right-hand side for your new team member.
6. Select Complete setup.
7. Select a Primary job title and then Save.
8. Then select Set up permissions.
9. Fill in the details for:
- Permission set
- Personal Passcode - used for login and time tracking at any point of sale on a shared device.
- Personal Email - the new team member will be invited to create their own email login to access the Dashboard and Point of Sale on their personal device.
10. When you're done, select Save.
11. The new team member will be sent an invitation email from Square to create their Square account.
How to create your locations in Square
1. First, log into Square and then access the Square Dashboard location list.
2. Then select Create Location on the top right-hand corner.
3. Fill out your Location Details:
- Location Business Name - this can be shared between locations and will appear on your customers’ card statements and digital receipts. If you don’t have a business name, you can describe your goods or services and city, e.g. Taxi – Sydney
- Nickname - this is how your locations are identified Square so it's a mandatory field
- Location Type
- Business Address
- Contact Information
- Logo (optional)
- Point of Sale Checkout Background (optional)
- Business Hours (optional)
- Bank Information
- Preferred Language
4. To finalise your Location Details, select Save.
How to use the Sales Channels pages with Square
When you link Square with Wiise, there are a few key pages that you'll be using. You can access these pages from the Stores page found in the Sales Channels menu in the role centre or dashboard. But first, let's get you going with Square.
Before you can navigate around Square functionality, you'll need to link your Square store to Wiise. You can also link multiple Square stores in Wiise.
- To link your Square store with Wiise, go to the role centre and select Sales Channels > Stores.
- Then select Getting Started > Create a Square Store.
This page opens the Square setup wizard. The Square Assisted Setup wizard in Wiise will take you through these steps:
- Authorising Wiise to access Square
- Entering your Square API details
- Linking your Square team members to Wiise employees and users
- Linking your locations in Square to your locations in Wiise
How to set up Square integration
- Start from the Wiise role centre (homepage) and select Sales Channels > Stores to get to the Stores page.
- Select Getting started > Create a Square Store.
- A pop-up window will take you through the Square Setup.
- First, authorise Wiise to access Square:
- To sync your payments and inventory between Wiise and Square, Wiise will need to access some of your information in Square.
- Read through the permissions that Wiise will need and select Next.
- Then find your Square Application ID:
- Go to Square Developer Dashboard and create a new App. We suggest you create an application for each Wiise environment. Note: Use one company with one square account at any given time.
- Select View Details for the application you created.
- Then select Credentials on the left-hand side menu and you can find your Application ID listed on the screen.
- Copy the Application ID to your clipboard (for use in the next screen).
- Then return to the POS Setup wizard and select Next.
- In the pop-up, enter your Square Application ID.
- Select OK.
- Then find your Square Application secret:
- Go back to the Square Developer Dashboard.
- Select View Details for the application you created.
- Then select OAuth on the left-hand side menu.
- In the Redirect URL field, enter the URL [https://api.wiise.com/createsquaretoken].
- Under the Application Secret heading, select Show to reveal the Application Secret.
- Copy the Application Secret to your clipboard (for use in the next screen).
- Then return to the POS Setup wizard and enter your Square Application Secret.
- Now select OK.
- A new tab will open confirming the permissions you're authorising between Wiise and Square.
- Select Allow here.
- Then return to the POS Setup wizard to continue the setup.
- Link your Square team members to Wiise employees and users:
- Make sure you've set up your team members in Square as shown in the section above.
- For each team member created in POS, you'll need to specify their Wiise User ID or Employee No.
- Once you've linked all your team members to Wiise, select Next.
- Link your locations in Square to your locations in Wiise:
- Make sure you've set up your locations in Square as shown in the section above.
- For each location, choose the Wiise Location Code, Walk-in Customer No., and Item No. for cash transactions to use.
- The Wiise Location Code field shows the matching location in Wiise. Select the appropriate Wiise Location to link with each Square location.
- The Walk-in Customer No. field shows the customer you want to post all guest transactions from Square to. This would be common for POS transactions in-store where customer details aren't recorded. We recommend creating a separate Walk-in Customer No. for each store location.
- The Item No. for cash transactions shows the item number that will appear against cash transactions that aren't linked to an inventory item (i.e. quick sales transactions or tips)
- Then select Next.
That's it! You've now completed linking Square to Wiise. Select Finish to exit the wizard.
1. The integration is at the location level, not the register level. For example, if one location has multiple registers, the sales made through different registers will be imported in one batch in Wiise.
2. If you want to create/delete/update items, you'll need to do this in Wiise, not in Square.